What To Expect
The perfect activity for a sunny afternoon or crisp cool Christchurch morning, relax and unwind as a ‘Punter’ dressed in traditional Edwardian attire gently propels your purpose-built flat bottomed boat along the cool calm waters of the iconic Avon River in Christchurch.
Your Punter will provide interesting commentary about covering the historic points and wildlife on the Avon along the way and of course, you can ask questions if you like. Punting trips last approximately 30 minutes and you will be returned to your starting destination.
- During the Summer months (October through to the end of March) 9 am to 6 pm
- During the Winter (April through to September) 10 am to 4 pm
- Christmas Day (25 December) 10 am to 4 pm
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 03 366 0337
Punting on the Avon is a popular tourist activity, booking ahead is recommended to avoid disappointment on the day.
- $30 per Adult
- $15 per Child (5-15 years)
- $75 per Family (2 adults and up to 3 children)
- $0 for Infants under 5 years
- $50 per Adult – Private Tour
- $25 per Child – Private Tour
- The Punting on the Avon docks are located in Christchurch’s Central City, the ‘Park Landing’ is at the Antigua Boat Sheds, 2 Cambridge Terrace, Christchurch.
- The ‘City Landing’ (open during the summer months) is located at the Worcester Street Bridge.
Punting On The Avon – What You Need To Know
Here are a few details about punting on the Avon that will come in handy when planning your day.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children aged less than 5 years can ride for free with a paying adult.
- Hot water bottles are provided if requested.
- Blankets and umbrellas are also available.
- Punting trips last approximately 30 minutes.
- All rides are provided on a shared basis, private excursions can be purchased at an extra cost.
- Punting on the Avon is suitable for all ages.
- Sensible footwear is recommended.
- You will need to be seated while punting, the seats are quite low.
See Christchurch from a totally different perspective when Punting on the Avon. The perfect way to complete any visit to Christchurch – don’t miss out on this memorable experience!