If you’ve ever been unsure of what you need to do when hiring a car, you aren’t alone. That’s why at NZ Rent A Car we like to keep things simple, so we’re going to run through the checks to make when you pick up your rental and some of the important conditions of your rental period.
What to Check
As you are booking, we’ll provide all the information you need, whether booking online, over the phone or in person. Our rental agreements are transparent so you know exactly what to expect.
Check the car for damage: After our pre-inspection, we’ll ask that you also give the car a quick look over for any damage we’ve missed. This is so we are aware of any cosmetic damage before your rental period so there is no confusion as to when and where it took place.
- Fuel type: Different cars accept different types of fuel. We’ll outline this to you on pick-up. You can also check this by opening your petrol flap where it will outline which fuel the car takes.
- Driving position: It’s important your seat is in a comfortable position in which you can see everything clearly. Position your chair depending on your height and size.
- Mirrors: Likewise, ensure your mirrors are angled optimally for safety reasons. Take a moment to make the adjustments you need before setting off.
- Safety features: Also take a moment to familiarise yourself with which side your indicator lever is on and where your lights are as cars can differ.
Important Rental Considerations
Here are some of the key things to consider, and some perks, when booking an affordable rental car from us.
- Fuel policy: Most car rental agreements operate a full-to-full tank policy, meaning you pick up the car with a full tank and you must return it on a full tank. If you don’t you’ll be charged for fuel when dropping off the car.
- Car size: Ensure you rent a suitable vehicle. Consider how many seats and doors you require before booking. Although we can’t guarantee a specific car model, we can guarantee you receive a car or minibus the size you booked for.
- Breakdown cover: We check vehicles for safety and mechanical/technical faults regularly. However, if an unfortunate breakdown is to occur, feel at ease that we offer a complimentary roadside assistance service.
- Going one-way: One-way car rentals are available, however, a minimum hire period and one-way fee may apply. Our online booking system will calculate these charges.
- Pick-up and delivery service: Few people are aware of this helpful perk of booking with NZ Rent A Car. During normal business hours, we offer a courtesy pick-up service from anywhere within 5kms of our depots. This can save you a lot of hassle.
Get in touch now to find out more and book a vehicle.